E-bulletin 9/1/15

HIGHWAY TABERNACLE ~ RESURRECTION LIFE

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

“Following Jesus and Loving People”

 

There are few thoughts that comfort me more than this: the Creator of the universe is my Father! Sometimes life spins out of control with its multitude of tasks and demands. What brings me back to peace (and sanity!) is knowing that my Father is the greatest, and knows how to make all things work together for my good. Truly, he is a good Father! The Bible mentions  “father” over 1000 times, and in the New Testament, John’s Gospel mentions father more than any other NT book (109 times, in the NIV). Let’s see what John says about the Father.

 

* The Father is seeking us.

            “A time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.” John 4:23

* The Father is never asleep or away.

            Jesus said, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.” John 5:17

* The Father sustains us daily with his presence and provision.

            Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven.” John 6:32

* The Father honors those who honor Jesus.

            “Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.” John 12:26

* The Father loves us.

            “Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.” John 14:21

 

As brothers and sisters in Jesus we are never alone! We can talk to our Father any time and any place. We can enjoy his constant, faithful presence knowing that he loves us and will take care of us, no matter what we go through. I pray these thoughts of your Father bring joy to your heart and encouragement in your daily challenges.

 

Pastor Mark Boucher

 

TUESDAY, 6:30 PM, Hope 4 Philly Planning Meeting at Mercy Neighborhood Ministries.

THURSDAY, 7-8:15 PM, Adult Bible Study fall kickoff at Highway Tabernacle. (Child care provided.)

FRIDAY, NOON, Hour of Prayer at Resurrection Life Church.

SUNDAY, SEPT 6, 9:15-9:45 AM, Open Door Café open at Highway Tabernacle.

SUNDAY, SEPT 6, 10:30-11:30 AM, Sunday morning prayer at Resurrection Life Church.

 

Upcoming…

JBQ/BQ Scrimmage Night

Friday, September 11, 2015, 6 PM at RLC

Pizza, Games, Friends, and Quizzing (2nd-12th grade)


Adult volunteers are needed!

Learn how to support us during the quizzing season.

 

 

 

Give on-line: http://give.highwaytab.org

Highway Tabernacle, Resurrection Life, SGA, and NextGen

You can now help support our school, Spring Garden Academy, when you use Amazon Smile. We are listed under Highway Mission Tabernacle. Every time an order is placed through Amazon Smile, a donation will be made to help our children in Philadelphia.

 

Here is our link to Amazon Smile.

https://smile.amazon.com/ch/23-1365244

 

Weekly Schedules

Highway Tabernacle: Morning Prayer @ 9AM; Sunday Worship @ 10AM; Resurrection Life: Sunday Worship @ 12Noon

 

 

If you are having trouble viewing the E-Bulletin or wish to be removed from the mailing list, please send an email to: Office@HighwayTabernacle.org

 

 

No comments: