E-Bulletin March 31, 2014

HIGHWAY TABERNACLE ~ RESURRECTION LIFE

Monday, March 31, 2014

“Following Jesus and Loving People”

 

Dear Friends,

 

As a kid, I remember my parents trying to coax and convince me to go to an event with them. I wanted to stay home and even though I whined most of the way, I reluctantly obeyed. Amazingly, when I got there, I had such a good time that I didn’t want to leave!

 

Prayer is something like that. Our fleshly nature doesn’t like to pray. We whine and make up all kinds of excuses why prayer and prayer meetings are not “our thing”. However, when we make up our mind that we will seek the Lord with all our heart, prayer becomes the best part of life! For me, prayer is going deeper in the adventure of my relationship with God. As I dedicate myself to pray, I stretch out into the life of faith and the ways of the Holy Spirit. Another reason my flesh doesn’t want to pray is because of how hard it is on my stubborn, self-centered nature. To get before God and quiet my heart in love and adoration takes the help and power of the Holy Spirit. If, when I pray, I just think of it being a waste of time, I simply sit and stare. However, in my imagination I try to envision prayer as the “pipeline” between my need and all the resources of God himself.

 

Prayer is a grace God gives to enable us to draw near to him. Jesus, when speaking of prayer, promised us, “Your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you” (Matt. 6:18). Hebrews 11:6 says, “He rewards those who earnestly seek him.” When I declare God’s Word over my prayers, my faith gets stirred and I become excited about how he will reward prayer. But if I listen to the whining, selfish child inside, I lose out. If you stir yourself to seek the Lord, you won’t be disappointed.

 

Pastor Mark Boucher

 

 

WEDNESDAY @ 7PM — Resurrection Life Church adults meet to study God’s Word.

THURSDAY @ 7:00 PM — Highway Tabernacle men gather at the church in Pastor’s office and  ladies in the nursery area for Bible study. Our youth and  children meet in their classes at the church for a great time learning from God’s Word.

LEADERSHIP TEAM MEETING Sunday, April 6th, 4PM in the Fellowship Hall at Highway Tabernacle.

Kids’ Fun Arts, Saturday, May 17th – Resurrection Life

REGISTER -- This year, Resurrection Life/Spring Garden Academy will be hosting one of the Penn Del District KIDS’ FUN ARTS events on Saturday, May 17th.  We invite all kids in 1st-6th grades to participate by registering now with Candace Wegner or Lauren Morgan.  Divisions include vocal, instrumental, drama, communication, art, and writing.  If a parent or other adult would like to help mentor in any of these areas, please let us know.  All kids are welcome to at least join our Kids’ Choir.

SAVE THE DATE:  adults and teens, please let us know if you are free to volunteer on May 17th as we will be hosting several other churches.  What a privilege we have to greet kids and their families, encourage them as they minister, and serve them food.  We will all be blessed as we see what God is doing to raise up the next generation of children to worship him and lead his people.

 

New! Give to Highway On-Line!

Go to http://give.highwaytab.org

 

Weekly Schedules

Highway Tabernacle: Morning Prayer @ 9AM; Sunday Worship @ 10AM;  Thursday @ 7PM (Bible study, children and youth ministries)

Resurrection Life: Sunday Worship @ 12Noon; Wednesday @ 7PM (Bible study)

The Bridge Youth @ RLC, Friday Evenings

5th-8th Grade 4:30-9PM

9th-12th Grade 6-9PM

 

 

If you are having trouble viewing the E-Bulletin or wish to be removed from the mailing list, please send an email to: Office@HighwayTabernacle.org

 

No comments: